Online games are considered a part of children’s daily lives. They enjoy playing games with their siblings, friends, cousins, and even complete strangers. You can play games on the internet by using gaming websites, cloud gaming services, and so on. While playing games, you can even interact with your fellow gamers.
Many parents are concerned about their children’s safety when it comes to online gaming. The benefits and drawbacks of online games are frequently debated. Online gaming has numerous benefits that can outweigh its drawbacks. In this section, I will discuss the benefits and drawbacks of online games. You can checkout mega888 malaysia here.
Pros of Online Gaming:
- Brain booster
- Many parents believe that online games dull and inactive their children’s brains. In reality, however, the opposite is true. Simultaneously, regular video game play increases grey matter in the brain, which aids in brain connectivity. Grey matter in the brain is associated with memories, perception, muscle control, and other functions.
- Similarly, when playing video games, you must remember numerous things such as rules, hacks, game strategy, and so on. When your child plays the game on a regular basis, it helps them remember many things, which helps to improve both their short-term and long-term memory.
- Furthermore, while playing games, you must make quick decisions, which helps to improve brain performance speed. This can benefit students by allowing them to respond quickly to their professor’s questions.
- Improves concentration
- If you want to win any game, you must concentrate on it. Video games require intense concentration; if you are distracted for even a second, you may lose the game. While concentrating on the video game, your brain begins to function quickly. When compared to non-online game players, students are usually more focused on their work.
- While it is true that you should not allow your children to play video games all of the time, one hour of video game play will suffice to keep your children focused on their studies. Video games can help children improve their attention and concentration.
Cons of Online Gaming:
- Leads to violence
- All games are not the same; they have different genres, some are educational, and some are violent. Many games use violent content to attract adults, but children can play these inappropriate games without restriction.
- Children who are exposed to violent content at a young age are more likely to become violent. As a result, all online games are harmful to children. When your children begin to play violent video games, their emotional arousal rises, leading to an increase in child violence.
- Lead to cyberbullying and scamming
- In online gaming, you can communicate with other players as well as game viewers. You can chat with random strangers while playing online games. You never know who is on the other end of the line; you could end up with scammers and bullies. Scammers exist to defraud gamers and steal their personal information. Similarly, bullies in online games can target children.
Online gaming can be anyone’s hobby and has numerous advantages. Online games have both advantages and disadvantages. It is up to you to seize the positive or negative aspects of it.